Aviation in Canada: Evolution of an Air Force Vol. 3
- Reviewed by Terry Higgens for the Canadian Aviation Historical Society Journal here.
- Reviewed by Combat Aircraft here.
- Reviewed by Airforce Magazine here.
- Mike Filey, of the Toronto Sun, writes:
Fans of the International Air Show, and aviation buffs in general, will find the newest book in Larry Milberry’s Aviation in Canada series fascinating reading. Titled Evolution of an Air Force this profusely illustrated hardcover volume records the history of the Canadian Air Force and Royal Canadian Air Force (the “Royal” preface added in 1924) during the two world wars as well as the part the RCAF played on the “home front” during the uneasy and frequently disheartening 1939-1945 era.
Aviation in Canada: The Pioneer Decades Vol. 1
Reviewed by Aviation News:
- Reviewed by Aviation Professional.
Reviewed by Aviation Professional
- Reviewed by Dr. Jack Granatstein for Legion Magazine here.
- Reviewed by Quebecois magazine Plein Vol here.
- Reviewed by Pierre Gillard for Le Monde d’édouard Montpetit.
- Reviewed by the blog Canadian Centennial of Flight here.
Other CANAV reviews:
- Mike Bechthold of Wilfred Laurier University reviews Typhoon and Tempest: The Canadian Story
- Mike Filey praises Canada’s Air Force at War and Peace here and Canadair: The First Fifty Years here.
- Jim Bates reviews Canada’s Airforce at War and Peace here, calling it “highly recommended and an excellent reference on Canada’s air arm.”
- Great Canadian Projects annotates three CANAV books here.
- Duncan’s Sabre Website has this to say about the Canadair Sabre: Without doubt the best book yet written on the Sabre, and one of the best aircraft books published. Though it covers only the Canadair-built Sabres, it contains an astounding amount of photos, personal recollections, drawings, individual aircraft histories etc. Not only informative, but also a very good read. If you are going to buy only one Sabre book, make sure this is it!
- Click here for more reviews!
- Michael O’Connor writes a review of Fighter Squadron: 441 Squadron from Hurricanes to Hornets titled Comprehensive history of long-serving RCAF squadron!
- John’s Canadian Military History Blog plugs Aviation in Canada – The Pioneering Decades .
- The Cannon’s Mouth praises Canada’s Air Forces on Exchange.
- The Canadian Aviation Artists Association promotes CANAV here.
Stories about Larry Milberry
- Nick Wolochatiuk, of Cornwall’s Seaway News, does this nice write up.
- Laura Pearce does this indepth feature on Publisher Milberry: